In preparation for Valentine’s Day, Facebook released an interesting medley and mashup of data. A correlation between a users recent relationship changes, and the music they were listening to as gathered by Spotify (auto-linked to facebook).
Do you have a go-to break up song? An anthem you find yourself listening to on repeat when you switch your relationship status to “Single?” Or what about that song you love listening to when you’re “In a relationship?” Every day, people are breaking up and entering into relationships on Facebook. When they do, they play songs that personify their mood. With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, we looked at the songs most played by people in the U.S. on Spotify as they make their relationships and breakups “Facebook official”.
Among lovebirds on Facebook, Jason Derulo takes the top spot with his hit “Don’t Wanna Go Home”. When users fall in love they feel like celebrating, so along with romantic songs like “Just The Way You Are” by Bruno Mars, users also play songs like “No Sleep” by Whiz Kalifa.
“The Cave” by Mumford and Sons tops the list for breakup songs. Other tracks such as “All of the Lights” by Kanye West and “Rolling in the Deep” by Adele were also frequently listened to when ending a relationship. The hip-hop star, Drake, has two songs on the break-up playlist, including “Take Care” featuring Rihanna and “Crew Love”.
Songs people listen to when entering into a relationship:
- “Don’t Wanna Go Home” by Jason Derulo
- “Love On Top” by Beyoncé
- “How to Love” by Lil Wayne
- “Just The Way You Are” by Bruno Mars
- “Good Feeling” by Flo Rida
- “It Girl” by Jason Derulo
- “Stereo Hearts” by Gym Class Heroes featuring Adam Levine
- “Criminal” by Britney Spears
- “No Sleep” by Wiz Khalifa
- “Free Fallin'” by John Mayer
Songs listened by people after ending a relationship:
- “The Cave” by Mumford and Sons
- “Crew Love” by Drake
- “All of the Lights” by Kanye West
- “Rolling in the Deep” by Adele
- “Take Care” by Drake
- “It Will Rain” by Bruno Mars
- “We Found Love” by Rihanna & Calvin Harris
- “Call It What You Want” by Foster the People
- “Love You Like a Love Song” by Selena Gomez and the Scene
- “Without You” by David Guetta featuring Usher
Article by Jonathang Chang via Facebook.com